3507 Palmilla Drive, San Jose, CA 95134 | Phone 408-761-3914
SOCIAL MEDIA ADVOCATE – CELEBRITY VOICE FOR YOUR BRAND
A former Mayor of Los Gatos and a media / television celebrity Jan Hutchins has been professionally involved with media, health, sports, business. Great team player who promotes egoless collaboration, offers charismatic and hands-on media leadership, authentic spirit, energy and sense of humor.
Yale graduate (B.A, History), he has lived transformation, excelling at several careers. In addition to 20 successful years in “traditional” and social media (an award-winning television journalist, content developer and producer of Emmy award winning television programs), he helped started businesses ranging from TV production to technology and wellness companies. An inspiring thought leader with experience in social media, public relations, public speaking, event management, business development, content development, entrepreneurship, public company management, government relationships, fundraising, and a passion for human technologies. His management style empowers personal development of team members, creatively exceeds goals and produces authentic loyalty to the organizational vision.
WHAT I CAN DO FOR YOUR COMPANY:
- Be the VOICE of your brand that many are eager to hear.
- Produce and broadcast creative content for Social Media updates, Blogs and Web Television (podcasts, videocasts, event reports, industry reports, video papers etc.) based on in-depth research and your Brand’s short-term and long-term priorities.
- Be THE social evangelist and spokesperson for the company by educating, enabling and energizing the company around the changing landscape of social technologies and what it could mean for the future of the organization.
- Provide leadership, roadmap definition, and governance for the company Social & PR Agenda.
- Hire, train and manage local or offshore social team members to scale social programs.
- Rally internal stakeholders, define requirements and develop scalable programs that utilize the crowd for marketing, support and product innovation.
- Perform industry and competitive analysis to highlight underlying category trends and competitive dynamics surrounding social.
- Understand customer needs and identifying unmet (or emerging) needs across the target audience that can be solved using social networking.
- Identify, evaluate and manage new strategic business opportunities, partnerships, alliances and/or joint ventures.
- Create a pipeline of opportunities and projects that are managed and reviewed monthly/quarterly to ensure the pipeline is productive and yields partnerships and advances the company’s social goals.
- Assist other groups advance company strategy through using social means.
CEO & Co-founder. SocialAgenda Media.
2012 to Present
- Acquire media coverage for clients; research and develop stories, interview stakeholders, write and place articles in major media
- Improve clients’ off-site SEO with contextual link; writing and placing guest blogs on high PR sites
- Improve clients’ on-site SEO by developing high caliber content
- Improve performance of social media and increase engagement with viral content
- Secure speaking engagements and radio / television appearances
Social Marketing & Thought Leadership Content Developer. Proformative Inc.
- Developed content that is SEO friendly, socially engaging, adapt for each social channel
- Designed strategies to increase engagement of social audiences via internal marketing communication and external web television programming (daily industry news, videos featuring major partners and customers, conference reports etc. – scripted, filmed, edited )
- Engaged with community seeding content via company blog, guest blog posts, forums, and across social platforms – Facebook, G+, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, Slideshare, Pinterest
- Produced customer evidence materials such as case studies, white papers, video testimonials, articles, blogs etc.
- Researched competition to ensure that Proformative, due to the depth and relevance of its content, becomes the destination for corporate finance and marketing executives
Council member. Los Gatos Town Council. 1996 – 2001.
Mayor of Los Gatos. 1999.
- Directed the town’s development, policies, services and future
- Led creation of system to increase citizen participation in government
- Innovated a community learning model and resolved conflict
- Brought resolution to growing tension in Los Gatos
- Established learning environment for writing new town code. The input/learning process continues to be effective and is still used
Creative Producer / Casting Director, “KangaRoddy”. American Champion Media.
1995 – 1999
- Won local Emmy award for the show production
- Ensured that creative work is being done as expected on the right time schedule.
- Was responsible for delegating tasks and quality control. Focus on time management, leadership and working under pressure.
- Recruited and managed talent – Pat Morita (Karate Kid), Jennifer Montana, Karen Lott, child performers and parents
- Managed budgets and creative team to produce programs teaching emotional intelligence to preschool children.
Public Relations Executive, Fundraising Strategist. GolfPro International.
1994 – 1995
- Built awareness about the technology products
- Helped raise $10million in private placement
Chairman of the Board & Member. San Jose Sports Authority Board of Directors.
1994 – 2000
- Overseen board and executive committee meetings
- Worked in partnership with the chief executive to make sure board resolutions are carried out
- Appointed all committee chairs and with the chief executive, recommend who will serve on committees
- Coordinated chief executive’s annual performance evaluation
- Worked with the governance committee to recruit new board members and conducting new board member orientation
- Acted as an alternate spokesperson for the organization
- Periodically consulted with board members on their roles and helped them assess their performance
- Began San Jose Sports Hall of Fame
- Brought Inner City Games (Arnold Schwartzenegger) to San Jose
- Represented Authority at Governing Body competitions for events
Director of Community Development / Strategist. SF Giants Baseball.
1993 – 1995
- Was responsible for creating positive public image for team
- Designed strategies that enabled team to win election for new stadium
- Managed and trained diverse staff of talents
- Created PR vehicle “Junior Giants Baseball”
- Produced ten-fold increase in fundraising for team’s charity in 18 months
- Established MLB’s first 100% team participation in charity by players
- Chose first female public address announcer
- Innovated “Old Ball Guys” program
*Program remains the top fundraiser for the organization and their key community image.
Producer / Host, “Hooked on Golf”. KNBR Radio, San Francisco.
- Invented first talk radio show about golf
- Anchored live golf coverage of ATT Pro-Am
Host/Co-Producer, “Nightlight with Jan Hutchins”. KCBS Radio, San Francisco.
- Hosted and co-produced 12am to 3am news and public affairs talk radio program
TV program Host, HP.
- Hosted and co-produced internal TV program
- Co-developed content for the show
News Anchor / SportsTalk TV Producer & Host. KICU-TV, San Jose.
- Won News Directors’ Association Award
- Developed content and anchored popular newscast
- Produced, booked, hosted popular sports talk show
- Established strong community presence for station as MC and public speaker
Sports Director. KRON TV, San Francisco.
- Innovated Sports Final weekend wrap-up show
- Has been chosen to host HBO sports specials
Sports Anchor/Reporter. KPIX-TV, San Francisco.
- Leading member of “best in the market” sports team
- Highest rated weekend sports anchor
Sports Anchor/Reporter. KICU-TV, Pittsburgh.
- Gained rapid popularity in market
- Co-produced Steelers weekly in-studio show
Executive, Initial Management Development Program. ATT, Long Lines.
- Has been chosen for training as future leader of American’s then largest corporation
VOLUNTEER & COMMUNITY
2004 – Present. Norcal ManKind Project, Ritual Elder.
1984 – Present. Job Train, Menlo Park, MC “breakfast of Champions” annual fundraiser. Honorary golf chair for Job Train, raising $3M over the past 10 years.
2006 – Present. Peninsula YMCA Annual Fundraiser, MC “The Red Triangle” Award Dinner.